Big Problems and Root Causes

Summary of the main ideas and topics of the week.A response to a specific reading, video, or activity. For instance, did something spark interest, surprise, anger, inspiration, or confusion? In choosing the area I wanted to focus on this semester,  blessing.Reference the specific reading, video, or activity. Add your thoughts, and explain your reaction.Respond to the Week 03 prompt

There are "wicked problems" in the world that are typically unsolvable. Some examples are poverty, homelessness, and lack of education. Although solutions to these problems are difficult, people can and are making a difference through innovative means to confront them.

Human sex trafficking is a wicked problem. It was heartbreaking for me to contemplate those who are sold into the sex trade, especially minors. I am grateful for people like Tim Ballard who use their skills and talents to make a difference in the lives of these victims. 

When trying to decide what wicked problem I wanted to learn about this semester, I studied my patriarchal blessing. The social issue that I will be focusing on is mental health. In studying the causes, I was surprised at the many causes which contribute to mental health challenges. I am excited at the potential to help people find solutions.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey

Lean Start-Up & The Business Model Canvas

Corporate Social Responsibility